- This event has passed.
ENIAC Day: 75th Anniversary of ENIAC Mini-Symposium
February 15 at 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Mini-symposium to celebrate the 75th anniversary of ENIAC and the birth of general-purpose computing. Automated computation has revolutionized the way we live, work, play, and connect. Join us on this anniversary to see where it started, celebrate how far we’ve come, and see visions of the bright future that is still ahead.
Zoom Webinar Link: here (past) — recordings linked below.
10:30am ENIAC History and Legacy
- Dean Vijay Kumar (Penn SEAS), Introduction
- Prof. David Patterson (UCB), Legacy and Computer Architecture Today [talk video]
- Prof. Mitch Marcus (Penn), History of ENIAC [talk video]
- Ms. Gini [Mauchly] Calcerano (Chestnut Hill College), Women of ENIAC—The First Programmers [talk video]
1:30pm ENIAC Impact and Future
- Prof. Zach Ives (Penn), General Impact of ENIAC [talk video]
- Prof. André DeHon (Penn), FPGAs: Carrying ENIAC Architectural Legacy into Silicon [talk video]
- Prof. Stephanie Weirich (Penn), Programming Language Design: From Grace Hopper to Today [talk video]
- Prof. Camillo J. Taylor (Penn), Vision for Autonomous Vehicles [talk video]
- Prof. Sebastian Angel (Penn), Programming and Building Large-Scale Distributed Systems [talk video]
Other ENIAC Day Events
- Compuseum is coordinating a set of events for ENIAC Day.