Students participating in Penn Engineering Ceremonies are required to assemble for line-up at the following times:
Thursday, May 11 – 2:30 p.m. – Ph.D. graduates should report to Irvine Auditorium, 3401 Spruce St. Proceed to the 34th street doors.
Friday, May 12 – 1:00 p.m. – Master’s graduates should check in at the entrance to the Tse Cheng Sports Center (far right entrance, next to the Palestra). You will be directed to the line-up area.
Saturday, May 13 – 1:00 p.m. – Undergraduates should check in at the entrance to the Tse Cheng Sports Center (far right entrance, next to the Palestra). You will be directed to the line-up area.
Graduates must arrive with academic regalia (cap and gown) to participate in the ceremony. Detailed information is available on Grad Express.
How to wear your regalia (videos from the Penn Bookstore):
- Bachelor’s regalia
- Master’s regalia
- Doctoral regalia (rented)
- Doctoral regalia (custom professional)
Graduates must place their order by March 31, 2023, to receive the regalia by Commencement.
If you are not currently on campus, you may order your regalia online and have it shipped directly to you. Shipping fees apply.
Procedures for Undergraduate and Master’s Graduation Ceremonies
- At the check-in time noted above, graduates proceed to the Tse Cheng Sports Center (far right entrance – attached to the Palestra). Please be prompt. If you arrive late, you may not be able to participate.
- All graduates MUST check in.
- You will be given a name card *specific to you* at the check-in table.
- HOLD ON TO YOUR NAME CARD, and proceed to your department’s processional staging area where you will form a single alpha line. (Name cards will be collected as you enter your row for seating.)
- The procession will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m for both ceremonies.
- When the ceremony begins, the Marshal will ask each row to stand when appropriate.
- Your name will be announced as you walk across the stage, and a photograph will be taken with the Dean.
- After your name has been announced and you leave the stage, you will be directed to return to your seat.
- When the ceremony ends, the faculty will recess and graduates will be dismissed.
A photographer from Legacy Photographics will be at each ceremony. Each student will be photographed as they cross the stage. Legacy Photographics will contact each graduate after the ceremony with information on how to purchase these photos. If you have any questions, please contact Legacy directly at 800-444-2550 or 610-279-1791, or visit their website, www.legacyphoto.com