Students participating in Penn Engineering Ceremonies are required to assemble for line-up at the following times:
Thursday, May 14 – 2:30 p.m. – Ph.D. graduates should report to the main entrance of Irvine Auditorium (corner of 34th and Spruce Streets).
Friday, May 15 – 1:00 p.m. – Master’s graduates should check in at the entrance to the Tse Cheng Sports Center (far right entrance, next to the Palestra). You will be directed to the line-up area.
Saturday, May 16 – 1:00 p.m. – Undergraduates should check in at the entrance to the Tse Cheng Sports Center (far right entrance, next to the Palestra). You will be directed to the line-up area.
Procedures for Undergraduate and Master’s Graduation Ceremonies
- At the check-in time noted above, graduates proceed to the Tse Cheng Sports Center (far right entrance – attached to the Palestra). Please be prompt. If you arrive late, you may not be able to participate.
- All graduates MUST check in.
- You will be given a name card *specific to you* at the check-in table.
- HOLD ON TO YOUR NAME CARD, and proceed to your department’s processional staging area where you will form a single alpha line. (Name cards will be collecetd as you enter your row for seating.)
- The procession will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m for both ceremonies.
- When the ceremony begins, the Marshal will ask each row to stand when appropriate.
- Your name will be announced as you walk across the stage, and a photograph will be taken with the Dean.
- After your name has been announced and you leave the stage, you will be directed to return to your seat.
- When the ceremony ends, the faculty will recess and graduates will be dismissed.
A photographer from Legacy Photographics will be at each ceremony. Each student will be photographed as they cross the stage. Legacy Photographics will contact each graduate after the ceremony with information on how to purchase these photos. If you have any questions, please contact Legacy directly at 800-444-2550 or 610-279-1791, or visit their website, www.legacyphoto.com
Cap and Gown Information
Academic regalia is required for degree candidates at Commencement. All candidates who do not possess regalia must obtain their regalia from the Penn Bookstore, located at 36th and Walnut Streets. Detailed information is available on the Penn Bookstore website. If renting or purchasing your regalia poses an undue financial burden, please contact Katharine Miller in the Dean’s Office for assistance (email@example.com).
Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Candidates:
Graduating students can purchase and receive their Commencement regalia at the Penn Bookstore during the Graduation Fair in mid-March (exact dates TBD). Please visit the textbook department on the second level of the store where you will have the opportunity to talk with sales representatives.
Doctoral Degree Candidates:
Please visit the Penn Bookstore, second floor events area, to order your rental regalia or discuss custom regalia purchasing options during the Graduation Fair in mid-March. It is important that you place your order during this period to allow sufficient time for delivery before the Commencement ceremony. Regalia will be available for pick-up on the second level of the Penn Bookstore in early May (exact dates TBD). Regalia must be returned to the Bookstore after Commencement (exact date TBD).
Those unable to order regalia at the Graduation Fair:
If you are a Doctoral Degree candidate unable to go to the Penn Bookstore, you may order regalia with a credit card by calling (215) 898-7595 through (DATE TBD). Bachelor’s and master’s degree candidates can go to the Bookstore at any point to purchase regalia.