- This event has passed.
ODEI Spotlight: Women of Color in Higher Education – Resilience and Empowerment Amidst Twin Pandemics
March 8, 2021 - March 10, 2021
Penn Graduate School of Education’s Office of Student Services and Center for Professional Learning are excited to announce the Women of Color in Higher Education: Resilience and Empowerment Amidst Twin Pandemics Virtual Institute. This annual program is open to Penn Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students who identify as a woman of color or non-binary person of color.
We are living in a time of renewed vigilance in the fight for racial equity, a pandemic that opened the wound of race-based health disparities and food insecurities, and a political/social environment that reflects insidious social injustice across the country. As such, the Women of Color in Higher Education program seeks to unite and strengthen networks and form mentorships for the Penn community* of both women of color and non-binary people of color.
*Please note that this program is exclusive to Penn faculty, staff, graduate students, and alumni.
Please see below for the most up-to-date program schedule.
|Monday, March 8
5:00 – 7:00 PM ET
|Opening Ceremony and Keynote Address|
|Tuesday, March 9
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM ET
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM ET
|Wednesday, March 10
9:00 AM – 1:00PM ET
|Circle Sessions* and Closing Ceremony and Fireside Chat|
*Circle sessions are small concurrent group discussions about resilience led by faculty and staff.
What You’ll Gain
- Build supportive networks within and across sectors
- Engage in reflection on practice and mechanisms that foster resilience
- Expand capacity to recovery quickly from adversity
- Celebrate self and other women and non-binary leaders of color
- Validate adversities and share strategies to foster resilience
- Gain insight into how to design professional environments that foster thriving of women and non-binary people of color in leadership roles
Who Should Enroll
This event is exclusive to Penn Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students who identify as a woman of color or non-binary person of color.
This event is exclusive to Penn faculty, staff, and graduate students who are people of color and identify as women or non-binary.